Chicken Caesar Salad
4 large chicken breasts (grilled, steamed or poached and diced)
2 cos lettuces
100grm Parmesan (25grms finely grated, 75grms in shavings)
1 tin of anchovy fillets (optional)
3/4 slices of white bread (brown for a healthier option)
4tbsp mild olive oil
8tbsp mayonnaise (use the low-fat version if you wish)
4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
2 tsp lemon juice
6 – 8 drops Worcestershire sauce (or to taste)
Salt & Black Pepper to season
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Trim the crusts off the bread and cut the slices into ½ inch cubes.
3. Put the bread cubes in a bowl, drizzle over the oil, and toss until all the bread is coated.
4. Spread the bread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 5mins. Turn and bake for a further 5 – 6 mins until golden and crispy. Careful not to burn them.
5. Once cooked, set aside on some kitchen paper to cool.
6. Remove the leaves from the lettuce, wash and dry well and tear into chunky pieces.
7. Mix together the mayonnaise, yoghurt, grated Parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Add the diced cooked chicken to the dressing and toss, until all the chicken is well coated.
1. Place a bed of lettuce on each plate.
2. Divide and scatter the dressed chicken between the plates.
3. Scatter over the Parmesan shavings and croutons.
4. Add a few anchovies to each plate if using.