1. Remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat a heavy based frying pan over a very high heat until searing hot. No oil is required..
3. Add the steaks to the pan and fry for 3 minutes, without moving them. Do not overcrowd the pan; just a couple of steaks at a time.
4. Season the uncooked side with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Turn the steaks over and fry for 1-2 minutes on the other side (for medium), or longer until cooked to your liking.
6. Transfer the steaks to a warmed plate and set aside to rest for 5 minutes.