1. Remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Heat a skillet on high heat, until smoking hot. No oil is required.
3. Add the meat to the pan (in batches), season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and fry until golden brown.
4. Remove the meat from the pan, and continue sealing your other batches of meat.
5. Once all the meat has been sealed, proceed with making your stew/casserole/curry etc.
6. Low and slow is the best cooking method for this cut, with flavours improving on the second day.