1. Remove the meat from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
3. Heat a large skillet over a high heat, until smoking hot – no oil is required. Season the meat well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Brown the meat on all sides, until nicely caramelized – approx. 10 – 15 minutes. Use some stock to deglaze the pan.
5. Once browned, transfer the ribs to a roasting tray with some stock and the juices from the pan (in addition to whatever flavourings you are using).
6. Cover the roasting tray with some tinfoil, and braise in the oven for several hours until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.